Monday, April 8, 2013

Inspired by David Sedaris: Taxidermy Decor

Yesterday I went to see David Sedaris at Symphony Hall in Boston. I was introduced to his books in college and found myself laughing until I cried. Since then, I have read every book and listened to them all on tape. He is AWSOME, funny in a way that's impossible to explain. If you haven't read his books, go get one, you won't regret it. He has a new book coming out this month which is sure to be amazing. If you have read his books, you know he loves the grotesque and the strange. After going to his reading I found myself thinking of one of his stories where he talks about his house and all the oddities he has collected, sculls, baby skeletons, and various taxidermy animals. Then he reflects on how his house may look like the home of a psychopath to a stranger. I also have a love of taxidermy, I haven't made the leap to real taxidermy yet, to Chris's dismay, it's probably only a matter of time. If i were to take the leap, I would totally get that jackalope mounted head, I saw one once in New York and am still kicking myself for not getting it! I thought it would be fun to assemble a collection of taxidermy shown in stages of digestibility.




1. two headed squirrel   
2. jackalope
3. unicorn scull
4. porcelain giraffe head
5. stuffed head
6. cardboard head

No comments:

Post a Comment