Thursday, August 15, 2013

3 Year Anniversary: My Favorite Parts of Our Wedding

 Today is Chris and my three year anniversary! I can easily say that our wedding day was the best day of my life thus far, getting to marry my best friend and boyfriend of over 10 years, all while surrounded by our favorite people in the world was simply perfect. Luckily for me, marriage has only made our love bigger and our relationship better, I couldn't feel more blessed! That being said, working on our wedding really opened my eyes to a new design passion and the creation of Wouldn't it be Lovely, so the wedding fun would never have to end! I thought today was the perfect time to share some of my favorite things from our wedding day, things that I would recommend to anyone getting married.

  1. In lieu of traditional pew decor, I hung pictures of Chris and I throughout our relationship, luckily we had been dating since we were 15, so we had plenty of pictures to choose from!
  2. After the ceremony, waiting outside the church, we had an ice cream truck to surprise our guests with a little snack! We paid for it ahead of time and made a custom sign for the side. This made the receiving like SO much more fun! 
  3. Our reception site, at Mass Horticultural Society, had so many great places for pictures. Having a site with many picture locations was great and lead to more amazing photos than I know what to do with.
  4. Our custom made cake toppers were so worth it and still make me smile every time I see them.
  5. Two things for this picture: One, Chris and I took weeks of dance lessons, we still wern't great, but the time spent taking those lessons was time spent together having fun away from all the wedding craziness. Two, I wanted those hanging antique bulbs SO BADLY and am still glad that I spent all that time researching to find someone who could hang them for us.
  6. Spending hours upon hours making paper flowers for the walls made the carriage house where our reception was held feel so special and personalized. I had seen a Chanel runway show with hundreds of paper flowers and knew I wanted a similar look. Having a custom art installation really brought everything together.
  7. For the father daughter dance, I knew we needed a song that was upbeat or else I'd be bawling my eyes out. I chose Doris Day's "Papa Won't You Dance With Me" and my Dad and I learned to dance the polka so we could do it up right! I always think it's more fun to watch people dance to something upbeat than a slower song. 
  8. Instead of spending lots of money on centerpieces, I scoured ebay for months buying milk glass vases and filled them with flowers from a local flower mart. When all was said and done each vase cost about $2 and the whole centerpiece arrangement at each table around $40.
  9. For our last dance, we took everyone outside, handed out sparklers, and danced to the song that was playing when Chris had asked to to be his girlfriend 10 years earlier. It was a wonderful way to end the night!
  10. Last but not least, building the photo wall was something I would do again in an instant. It produced some of my favorite pictures of the night, and was so much fun! 


No comments:

Post a Comment