Thursday, September 19, 2013

Quick Cake Decorating Tip


 Sometimes when baking in a kitchen that is not your own, it's hard to make perfect desserts. At my friends bachelorette a couple weekends ago, I knew I would want to bake a cake, but I also didn't want to pack my entire cake decorating arsenal to bring with me.  I decided instead to pack the basics, cake pans, a cake stand, my ingredients and a canister full of gold sprinkles. I knew I wanted a cake topper, so I had bought cheep plastic polar bear toys (I've been buying lots of kids toys lately!) and spray painted them gold before I left. So to elevate an ordinary cake, I put it together and frosted it like any ordinary cake. Then I got down to business! I dumped that whole canister of sprinkles over the cake, spinning it as I went to be sure to cover every inch of frosting. It adds a lux level and elevates a standard homemade cake to something special that will get you lots of "oohs and ahhs"! A little added bonus, the sprinkles add a lovely little crunch and sweetness making the cake even tastier! 

No comments:

Post a Comment